ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] digging deeper with VE tagging support possible?

2017-03-16 09:33:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] digging deeper with VE tagging support possible?
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 14:32:35 +0100
Del,

I figured it out, well, not why it went wrong but it is working now.

1)I created a new environment so a new SP server and new datamover.
2)I forgot to configure the datamover as tagging datamover in the VE
webwizard wizard the first time.
3)I removed this configuration and created the datamover again, this time
as a tagging datamover.

The process of removing the old datamover configuration and services has a
problem somewhere because even if the services and opt file look exactly
like they do now after a totally fresh install of the datamover and VE, now
it works out of the box because I created the datamover right the first
time.

The tag feature is great.
I think the configuration in the Web Client works well, even if you
reinstall the datamover you can reattach it to the new datamover very
quickly and get things running again. The restore wizard is good and it all
works rather fast as well.
I'm sure most vSphere admins will prefer this way of working above
maintaining the datamover .opt files

Good job IBM!