ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] digging deeper with VE tagging support possible?

2017-03-15 10:47:32
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] digging deeper with VE tagging support possible?
From: Stefan Bender <stefan.bender AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 15:43:41 +0100
Hello Stefan,
these tags are to configure backup schedules. Not to configure "ad hoc"
backups via "dsmc backup vm".
If you want to use tags, please set up your scheduler service to execute
the backups.

When you look at your command below it contains the domain statement for
using tags: -domain.vmfull="Schedule-Tag"
The tag in VMware is the schedule name, like "DAILY_VM_INCR_BACKUP". The
dsmc command does not have any linkage to the schedule name.

Only the scheduler service knows the schedule name, when it is started. It
gets that information from the Spectrum Protect server.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

                Stefan Bender

IBM Deutschland / Am Weiher 24 / 65451 Kelsterbach / Germany

IBM Software Development "IBM Spectrum Protect"
Tel. ++49-7034-643-2773 / email: stefan.bender AT de.ibm DOT com
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzende des
Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294