ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] 8.1 Client Backup/Archive Backup/Archive discontinued in Virtual Environment??

2017-03-15 05:31:15
Subject: [ADSM-L] Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] 8.1 Client Backup/Archive Backup/Archive discontinued in Virtual Environment??
From: Markus Stumpf <Markus.Stumpf AT EMPALIS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 10:27:54 +0100
Hi,

In earlier versions of backup/archive Clients you've been able to perform
full backup operations of VM Guests using just the backup/archive client
installed (without the neccessity to have a TDP for VE license).
This functionality has been dropped in backup/archive client 8.1.

Now you need a  IBM Spectrum Protect for VE licensing to backup your VMs
and the only supported backup methods are IFF and IFI in 8.1. (which are
the functionalities nearly all of the customers use).

It has absolutely no impact on the functionalities of IBM Spectrum Protect
for VE, which is still one of the key products in the Spectrum Protect
Suite.

Best regards
Markus