ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Backup only one directory

2017-03-10 14:03:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Backup only one directory
From: Kevin Kettner <kevin.kettner AT WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 19:01:01 +0000
I'm a little late on this, but it looks like your main concern is avoiding all
the directory structure being backed up as well. You've already excluded the
other files and you're only backing up what you want. Your second exclude line
is redundant I think, but it would not prevent it from working. The "..."
matches any dir including no dir.

DOMAIN C:
Exclude "*:\...\*"
Exclude "*:\*"
INCLUDE "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\...\*"

My suggestion is to get creative with some exclude.dir statements. Any
directory excluded that way will not have its directory structure backed up. So
keep what you have and add things like:

Exclude.dir "C:\Windows\"
Exclude.dir "C:\otherdir\"

Or get really crazy with character matching:

Exclude.dir "C:\[a-o]*\"
Exclude.dir "C:\[q-z]*\"
Exclude.dir "C:\Program Files\[b-z]*\"

I don't know if that's exactly the right syntax for the character range lines
as I rarely use that. I always have to play around with it to get it to work
correctly, but you get the basic idea. You should be able to significantly trim
down the extra directory structure. There's a table in this doc I wrote with
some examples:

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=25684