ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Mail v.6.4.1. restore to pst file

2017-03-01 20:49:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Mail v.6.4.1. restore to pst file
From: Tian Miao Liu <tianmiao AT CN.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 09:46:40 +0800
PST file can be non-Unicode format (ANSI format) or Unicode format. For
non-Unicode format, the max size is 2GB. As Remco pointed out, this is
Microsoft limitation.

As for the original question, if the data you wan to restore is larger than
2GB, it should be restored into a Unicode format PST file. The workaround
is to use TDP for Exchange to restore your mails into a temporary mailbox,
then use Exchange powershell cmdlet New-MailboxExportRequest to restore
data into a Unicode format PST file.
Alternatively if the data to be restored is only part of mailbox data and
less then 2GB, you can try filter parameters to minimize the data amount
and restore it into non-Unicode format PST file.

Best regards.
Tian Miao Liu

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/03/2017
01:39:12: