ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Some DISK volumes will not mount.

2017-02-27 16:29:05
Subject: [ADSM-L] Some DISK volumes will not mount.
From: "Plair, Ricky" <rplair AT HEALTHPLAN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 21:26:58 +0000
Has anybody had this problem, I hope someone has an answer, I'm dying here
trying to figure this out.

ANR1893E Process 288 for SPACE RECLAMATION completed with a completion state of
FAILURE.
ANR1401W Mount request denied for volume /mnt/ddstgpool3/0000DA46.BFS - mount
failed.

My TSM server is running Linux OS/TSM 7.1.1.0 and the attached storage is a DD
4500.

For some reason it will not reclaim all the volumes. It sees the volumes if you
perform a Q VOL but it will not MOVE the data, it will not AUDIT the volume, it
will not DELETE the volume.

tsm: PROD-TSM01-VM>q vol  /mnt/ddstgpool3/0000DA46.BFS f=d

                   Volume Name: /mnt/ddstgpool3/0000DA46.BFS
             Storage Pool Name: DDSTGPOOL4500
             Device Class Name: DDFILE1
            Estimated Capacity: 99.7 G
       Scaled Capacity Applied:
                      Pct Util: 1.7
                 Volume Status: Full
                        Access: Read/Write
        Pct. Reclaimable Space: 99.1
               Scratch Volume?: Yes
               In Error State?: No
      Number of Writable Sides: 1
       Number of Times Mounted: 142
             Write Pass Number: 1
     Approx. Date Last Written: 12/26/2016 01:33:33
        Approx. Date Last Read: 01/09/2017 23:08:46
           Date Became Pending:
        Number of Write Errors: 0
         Number of Read Errors: 0
               Volume Location:
Volume is MVS Lanfree Capable : No
Last Update by (administrator): ADMIN
         Last Update Date/Time: 02/27/2017 13:40:56
          Begin Reclaim Period:
            End Reclaim Period:
  Drive Encryption Key Manager:
       Logical Block Protected: No

Also, one last error hint that does me no good. Is there may be another volume
that is involved in the move process and it is not even in the storage pool.
So, if you look up the volume that is also called on to perform the reclaim it
will tell you the following.

tsm: PROD-TSM01-VM>q vol  /mnt/ddstgpool4/0000EF66.BFS.
ANR2034E QUERY VOLUME: No match found using this criteria.

PLEASE SOMEBODY GIVE ME A HAND, and I don't mean clapping your hands.

Thanks!

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information and/or Protected Health Information (PHI) subject to
protection under the law, including the Health Insurance Portability and
Accountability Act of 1996, as amended (HIPAA). If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any
use, disclosure, distribution, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy all copies of the original message.