ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DOMAIN.vmfull on multiple lines in dsm.opt

2017-02-21 03:58:00
Subject: [ADSM-L] DOMAIN.vmfull on multiple lines in dsm.opt
From: Hans Christian Riksheim <bullhcr AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 09:57:02 +0100
Really two questions.

We have a lot of exceptions where VMs are not to be backed up and the
DOMAIN.vmfull statement is becoming unpractically long:

domain.vmfull vmhostcluster=X,Y;-vm=abc*,*def,ghi* (times 100)

Any possibility to have that statement span separate lines or some other
measure to increase readability?

Second question is about case sensitivity. In previous versions
DOMAIN.VMFULL was not case sensitive but now it is. Unfortunately we have
no control of how the VMware guys name their vms so how do we exclude a vm
like

VMNAME

and cover all variations Vmname, vmNAME and so on?

Regards,

Hans Chr.