ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple NFS mounts to same DataDomain

2017-02-14 11:49:55
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple NFS mounts to same DataDomain
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 16:47:26 +0000
I have successfully removed directories from file device classes a number of
times. The sequence of events was as follows:
1.Remove the directory from the list in the device class definition to prevent
allocation of new scratch volumes on the directory.
2.List filling volumes on the directory and make them read only, preventing
appends to existing volumes on the directory.
3.Run "move data" commands to relocate the contents of volumes to other
directories.
4.Wait for database backups and pending volumes to age off.

The Linux administrator thought step 3 would have better overall throughput
with multiple streams of "move data" commands. I used the "-P" option of
"xargs" to manage the multiple streams.

Thomas Denier,
Thomas Jefferson University