ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Availability for Spectrum Protect 8.1 server software for Linux on power system

2017-02-13 10:40:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Availability for Spectrum Protect 8.1 server software for Linux on power system
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:38:19 -0500
Arnaud,

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 9:21 AM, PAC Brion Arnaud <
Arnaud.Brion AT panalpina DOT com> wrote:

> because our management (despite my warnings not to do so) decided that the
> target storage for backups would be an EMC Isilon, that connects to the TSM
> server using NFS mounts.

A little off topic for this thread but why do you feel it is a "bad idea"
to use EMC Isilon for TSM target storage for backups?  We are leaning in
this direction and in fact have such a configuration for our offsite
replication target server. We are aggressively moving away from expensive
VNX storage to Isilon.  So I am curious why you feel the way you do?

--
*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator