ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 8.1 Linux client and IT13701 causing heartburn

2017-01-30 11:51:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 8.1 Linux client and IT13701 causing heartburn
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 11:50:10 -0500
Thank you for the information.  I check weekly for client/server patches so
I will keep an eye open for this APAR update.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 8:37 AM, Heinz Flemming <heinz.flemming AT kit DOT edu>
wrote:

> According to Zoltan Forray
> > Heinz
> >
> > Have you heard anything back from IBM on your PMR?     I just had another
> > user call with the same problem, except that they ran traces to figure
> out
> > where it was failing and the directory it stops on does not have but a
> few
> > sub/nested directories.  Fortunately, the TESTFLAGS workaround seems to
> > have worked for them.
>
> Today, I received the following message from IBM:
>

> <quote>
> I opened apar IT18901 and it will be available on internet in next days.
> The workaround is the same we previosuly informed you or youc an keep to
> use the fix we delivered to you that contains the official fix that will be
> implemented in  next releases,
> </quote>
>

> Best regards,
> Heinz

> Karlsruher Institut fuer Technologie (KIT)
> Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
>
> Heinz Flemming
> Scientific Data Management (SDM)
>
> 76131 Karlsruhe
> E-Mail: heinz.flemming AT kit DOT edu
> www.scc.kit.edu
>
> KIT - Die Forschungsuniversitaet in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft

*Zoltan Forray*
Spectrum Protect (p.k.a. TSM) Software & Hardware Administrator
Xymon Monitor Administrator
VMware Administrator (in training)
Virginia Commonwealth University
UCC/Office of Technology Services