ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server on CentOS Linux

2017-01-22 04:26:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server on CentOS Linux
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2017 10:24:35 +0100
I completely agree with Anders, I would not run production on a non
supported distribution, for me it doesn't even matter it if works or not
because if IBM doesn't support it how can I as the one who implements it?
Support is a chain that must go all the way down to development.
Cost is an absurd argument looking at the total cost and importance of the
platform, I think standardization might be a better argument but still, I
wouldn't use it.

I would recommend running the backup solution on a different
platform/distribution with a different patching regime so that patch issues
don't hit the backup platform as well, for this reason we normally run the
SLES distribution for the backup solution in Windows environments and we do
the upgrades. Extremely solid platform, especially since very little mess
with it.