ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server on CentOS Linux

2017-01-20 09:18:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Server on CentOS Linux
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 14:06:20 +0000
We run TSM on CentOS6 x86_64 without problems, with HP LTO5 and LTO6, and
IBM LTO7 drives and a pair of ACSLS-managed STK SL3000 libraries. We
haven't had any problems - technical, support, or otherwise. I think the
only unusual thing we had to do was pass

-vmargs "-DBYPASS_TSM_REQ_CHECKS=true"

to install.sh for the initial install.

As Del notes, there might be some pushback on tape device support, but we
haven't had any problems so can't comment on how it actually plays out.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 06:10:46PM -0600, Roger Deschner wrote:
> Management here is contemplating having us move our production TSM
> servers to the CentOS Linux operating system, which is a free branch of
> Red Hat.
>
> Has anybody done this? What are the support issues with IBM?
>
> (TSM Client is already supported on CentOS via "Best effort".)
>
> Roger Deschner      University of Illinois at Chicago     rogerd AT uic DOT
> edu
> ======I have not lost my mind -- it is backed up on tape somewhere.=====

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354