ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Spectrum Protect for Virtual Environments version 8.1.0 sets speed records

2017-01-10 05:13:04
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Spectrum Protect for Virtual Environments version 8.1.0 sets speed records
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 11:08:39 +0100
Okay, it rejected my first and second reply to Alex due to images. (did not
have an image in my mail)
No idea why but here is my third attempt, a reply to an earlier post.

So here are some more specs Alex.

Compute is somewhat based on the M model (16 cores, 192GB memory) you will
find in the Linux 2.3 blueprints, but with internal read intensive SSD's in
the server on a very fast internal controller for DB & active log.
OS is SLES12 build with filesystem layout and types according to the
blueprints.
Spectrum Protect storage is an IBM V3700 (non turbo) with 36 nearline
drives.
Spectrum Protect server version 7.1.7 with containerpools (compression
enabled)
No collocation in use of course.
And a bit of tuning of the Linux server and Linux datamovers for the IP
stack and memory usage.

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 8:18 PM, Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT gmail DOT
com>