ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] 8.1 Linux client and IT13701 causing heartburn

2017-01-05 10:51:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] 8.1 Linux client and IT13701 causing heartburn
From: Heinz Flemming <heinz.flemming AT KIT DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 16:49:03 +0100
According to Zoltan Forray
> I have a user who after upgrading their Linux client to 8.1 now has a
> problem with backups stopping suddenly due to APAR IT13701 whose fix is in
> the 8.1 client.
>
> Before upgrading to 8.1, the backups ran fine.
>
> I have gone back and forth with them about this being a "fix", not a
> problem but for obvious reasons, he doesn't agree since this wasn't a
> problem before upgrading to 8.1?
>
> The APAR states:
>
> IT13701: CLIENT CRASHES DURING BACKUP WHEN PROCESSING AN INVALID DIRECTORY
> STRUCTURE
>
> but they did not have any crashes so my guess is their directory structure
> is just over 1400 but not enough to cause a crash/memory problem.

I've a similar problem with the 8.1.0.0 client on a Red Hat 8 system:

ANS0361I DIAG: incrdrv.cpp         (10473): ERROR: PrivIncrFileSpace(): path
'/home/sys/sccwww-intern/Software/TS
M/statistik/Kontakte/install-mails' contains more directory levels than it can
be processed...

ANS1999E Incremental processing of '/home/sys/sccwww-intern' stopped.

ANS6718E The path contains too many nested subdirectories. The maximum number
of nested  directories is 1400.

A PMR was opened.

IBM has proposed to set the following in the dsm.opt option file:

TESTFLAGS threadstacksize:2048

In my case it has helped as a workaround.

Greetings, Heinz

Karlsruher Institut fuer Technologie (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)

Heinz Flemming
Scientific Data Management (SDM)

76131 Karlsruhe