ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Suppress installation of other languages with command line option?

2016-09-28 11:36:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Suppress installation of other languages with command line option?
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 10:35:24 -0500
This change has been a pain point for us as well; the change resulted in
every client install taking about twice as much disk space as before.  We've
manually deleted the extra language files in some cases of tight disk space,
but have mostly resigned ourselves to it being another one of those losing
battles against vendor decisions.

I'm sure there was some reason for jamming all the language files into the
main packages, such as making some aspect of packaging easier, or a small
number of customers asking for it, but now the rest of us have to waste disk
space as a result...  Thanks for the "enhancement", IBM.

</rant>

--
Hello World.                                David Bronder - Systems Architect
Segmentation Fault                                      ITS-EI, Univ. of Iowa