ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] archive_objects table

2016-09-27 11:26:57
Subject: [ADSM-L] archive_objects table
From: "Loon, Eric van (ITOPT3) - KLM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 15:23:28 +0000
Hi guys!
I found a SQL query on the marvelous Tobias SQL page which is puzzling me. I
always had a hard time relating archive sizes to archives. The archives table
does not contain file sizes (at least not in version 6). There seem to be a
table called archive_objects however which you can query for bfsize, but the
strange thing is that is can only be used in a joined query. For instance:

Querying only this table returns the error that the archive_objecs table does
not exist:

select node_name, bfsize from archive_objects

ANR2939E The reference 'select node_name , bfsize from archive_objects '
contains an unknown SQL table name.

         ...............................V...............
         select node_name , bfsize from archive_objects

ANS8001I Return code 28.

While the SQL statement:
select a.node_name, ao.bfsize from archives a, archive_objects ao
Does return all archive files along with their size (be careful the list can be
quite large).
Does anybody know how this archive_objects (and backup_objects) tables work?
How do I find all existing columns in archive_objects?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Kind regards,
Eric van Loon
Air France/KLM Storage Engineering