ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] protect pool plus replicate node equals poor replication efficiencies

2016-09-15 12:26:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] protect pool plus replicate node equals poor replication efficiencies
From: "Ryder, Michael S" <michael_s.ryder AT ROCHE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:24:38 -0400
Something doesn't make sense.

You run a backup - node's data is stored in a pool on server A.

Then, you protect pool, and a copy of the de-duped data is sent to the
protect pool storage, also on server A.

Then, you replnode, and a node is replicated to server B.  You are
surprised to find that data is being sent from server A to server B.

Do I have this right so far?

Until you issue the replnode command, how is server B supposed to know
about the data in server A's storage pools?

Don't you still need to copy the data at least once from server A to server
B?  Isn't this normal?

Best regards,

Mike, x7942
RMD IT Client Services

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 12:02 PM, Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT gmail DOT
com