ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Using ssl comms with api

2016-09-15 08:04:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] Using ssl comms with api
From: Steven Harris <steven.j.harris.57 AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 22:01:51 +1000
Hi all,

I have an AIX box running DB2.  I need for its backups to be encrypted.
The BA client has been configured to use SSL (actually TLS) and is working
fine. However I cannot get the DB2 backup to work using SSL.

The error I'm  seeing is a gskit 420 error when running dsmapipw.

I had a similar issue on another box with the BA client when the cert
presented was AES128 not AES256, so suspect that the certificate is not
being found correctly.

The stash file and key db have been hard linked into the api/bin64
directory just in case they needed to be there, but to no avail.

I'm out of ideas.. and there appears to be no doc for this. Even if there
were its hard to find because DB2 can use SSL for its own traffic and so
has gskit bundled as well, and this confounds google searches.

All help appreciated

Steve

Steven Harris
For the moment TSM admin