ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Making use of two NICs

2016-09-14 02:51:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Making use of two NICs
From: Martin Janosik <martin.janosik AT CZ.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 08:50:42 +0200
Hi Paul,

if you want to automatically load balance incoming traffic from clients you
need to configure both NICs in aggregate link mode (802.3ad) as well as
network switch must be able to support this feature and be configured -
there will be one IP address accessible via both network links, max
throughput will be 2x 1GBps.
If you don't have switch with support of 802.3ad you can "manually" load
balance.  Each NIC will have own IP and you need to modity dsm.opt/dsm.sys
files on client servers to point to new IP address.  This will limit max
throughput to 1GBps (or whatever speed you have) on each NIC.

Bye

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/14/2016
06:34:21 AM: