ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Win silent install by MSI files

2016-09-08 07:36:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Win silent install by MSI files
From: Martin Janosik <martin.janosik AT CZ.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2016 13:35:32 +0200
Hi Rick,

in past I succeeded with this:
unzip the exe installation package and

ECHO Detecting architecture...
SET OSbit=x64
reg query "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
\Environment" /v PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE | find /i "x86" > NUL && SET
OSbit=x86
SET localRepository=C:\tsm_images
SET component=TSM
SET API=
IF %OSbit% EQU x64 SET API=64
REM You need to make sure that all prerequisite packages are installed
REM i.e.
REM START /wait vcredist_x64.exe /quiet /norestart
REM START /wait wusa.exe Windows6.1-KB2703425-x64.msu /quiet /norestart
ECHO %component% Starting installation
START /wait msiexec /i "IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Client.msi"
RebootYesNo="No" REBOOT="Suppress" ALLUSERS=1 INSTALLDIR="%installPath%"
ADDLOCAL="BackupArchiveGUI,BackupArchiveWeb,Api%API%Runtime,AdministrativeCmd"
 TRANSFORMS=1033.mst /qn /l*v
"%localRepository%\%component%_install_log.txt"
SET RC=%ERRORLEVEL%
ECHO %component% Installation ended with RC=%RC%

You can also create "default" dsm.opt file and store it in installation
package in correct path.

M. Janosik

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/08/2016
12:58:13 PM: