ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Netezza - nzrestore

2016-09-07 10:14:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Netezza - nzrestore
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 09:14:00 -0400
Hi Jeannie,

The "export" commands are UNIX or Linux commands, not TSM commands. The
DSMI_xxxxxx environment variables are specific to TSM.

Since my earlier suggestions are not ringing any bells and I am not a
Netezza expert, I think your best bet is to engage Netezza support for
further assistance. Otherwise I would be concerned that in trying to help
further, it could make a mess of things.

Note that there is no "TDP for Netezza" as such, in the same way that there
is no "TDP for DB2". Rather, Netezza is a non-TSM product that integrates
its backups with TSM through the use of the TSM API. As a consumer of the
API, they would best know how to troubleshoot the interaction between the
Netezza commands and the API.

Best regards,

Andy

Andrew Raibeck | IBM Spectrum Protect Level 3 | storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
https://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/product/tivoli/tivoli_storage_manager

Online documentation:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7/landing/welcome_ssgsg7.html

Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2016-09-07
08:18:58:

> From: Jeanne Bruno <JBruno AT CENHUD DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Date: 2016-09-07 08:20
> Subject: Re: TDP for Netezza  - nzrestore
>
> Hello.   Thank Andy....i'm sorta new with TDP for Netezza...
>
> 1. To answer your first email:  Yes, the q fi & q occ are same on
> our local and DR site (I call it source and target because we
> replicate) for the netezza node.
>
> For the DSMI_DIR, DSMI_LOG and DSMI_CONFIG environment
> variables....I'm not sure if I need to configure.  I didn't do any
> configuration on the netezza box at our local site when I was
> setting up the TDP for the ./nzbackup process.
>
> 2.  In your 2nd email, you mention to configure the environment
> variables.  Where am I typing (or configuring) these assignments?:
> At the dsmc command prompt??
>
> export DSMI_DIR=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64
>
>   export DSMI_LOG=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64
>
>   export DSMI_CONFIG=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin64/dsm.opt

DSMI_CONFIG.

u=https-3A__www.ibm.com_support_entry_portal_product_tivoli_tivoli-5Fstorage-5Fmanager&d=CwIFAg&c=BY0WRPt8vrhqs_gNwjcMsqT0O3k78MJMGj95ah0eDEA&r=7l_gtgCLb17w6YLNyl5xk2NLH8XcWIQUFrWhANDp1mE&m=oLVwtlwVKFBigUFDj3zqWRZfcCoJzO3PNed9vG-

u=http-3A__www.ibm.com_support_knowledgecenter_SSGSG7_landing_welcome-5Fssgsg7.html&d=CwIFAg&c=BY0WRPt8vrhqs_gNwjcMsqT0O3k78MJMGj95ah0eDEA&r=7l_gtgCLb17w6YLNyl5xk2NLH8XcWIQUFrWhANDp1mE&m=oLVwtlwVKFBigUFDj3zqWRZfcCoJzO3PNed9vG-

u=https-3A__www.ibm.com_developerworks_community_wikis_home_wiki_Tivoli-2520Storage-2520Manager&d=CwIFAg&c=BY0WRPt8vrhqs_gNwjcMsqT0O3k78MJMGj95ah0eDEA&r=7l_gtgCLb17w6YLNyl5xk2NLH8XcWIQUFrWhANDp1mE&m=oLVwtlwVKFBigUFDj3zqWRZfcCoJzO3PNed9vG-