ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Which process generates ANR1423W messages?

2016-09-01 14:26:17
Subject: [ADSM-L] Which process generates ANR1423W messages?
From: Robert Talda <rpt4 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 18:23:13 +0000
Folks:
  Does anyone know which process generates ANR1423W messages?  The message
itself is somewhat innocuous:

ANR1423W Scratch volume VVVVVV is empty but will not be deleted - volume access
mode is “offsite”

  but the intriguing part is there is no session or process associated with the
message, either in the activity log or in the ACTLOG table.  Nor are there any
entries in the summary table for these entities - and the only process running
at the time was a storage pool backup for a different storage pool.  There were
client backups in progress, but this message originated from the server.

  I had two volumes with errors that I was struggling to get the data off for
several days - and suddenly, magically, an ANR1423W appeared for both volumes.
Headache gone, curiosity piqued.

Thanks in advance,
Bob T

Robert Talda