ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Fine tuning INCLUDE/EXCLUDE and EXCLUDE.DIR

2016-08-29 14:15:24
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Fine tuning INCLUDE/EXCLUDE and EXCLUDE.DIR
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 14:13:10 -0400
On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Andrew Raibeck <storman AT us.ibm DOT com>
wrote:

> 1. Schedule the incremental backup with OBJECTS="J:\IMAGENOW\SUBOB_OSM\*"
> OPTIONS=-SUBDIR=YES

Andy,

Your above comment got me thinking we aren't doing certain backups
correctly.

We have a large CIFS server with 40+ TSM nodes/schedules defined to backup
the individual mount points/directories/user owned areas.  In the schedule,
I have coded things like "OBJECTS="\\somcifs.rams.adp.vcu.edu\ph" but not
the OPTIONS=-SUBDIR=YES".  This node has 1.7M objects and 1.4TB of
backups....

I realize this sounds like a stupid question, but do I really need the
"-SUBDIR=YES"?  If so, I am missing lots of backups I need to fix right
away?

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator