ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] *EXTERNAL* Re: deleing data from a containerpool

2016-08-24 12:06:33
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] *EXTERNAL* Re: deleing data from a containerpool
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 18:02:51 +0200
We often use IBM Storwize systems, V3700 for smaller setups and V5020 for
larger configurations.
>From 24 up to 60 4-6TB nearline drives all in RAID 6.

2x8 core Lenovo servers with internal SSD's in RAID 5 attached to (super
fast) internal raid controllers for database and active log reaching 140K
iop/s in IBM Spectrum Protect database benchmarks.
We outfit them with 192GB of memory when using replication.
These systems do 800MB/s inline deduplication and compression without CPU
room to spare in some load testing. I have seen that 10Gb/s line filled up
many times and even use LACP configurations with two 10Gb/s adapters to
make sure I'm not holding it back.
We usually run Linux, SLES to be exact.

The first time I saw one of these things do inline dedup at those
speeds...the inner nerd got a little emotional. :-)
We've really got some amazing tech right here with these containerpools.