ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Journaling question

2016-08-13 09:43:45
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Journaling question
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 15:40:09 +0200
>I don't believe you can use journal-based-backup for network connected
file systems.

Very true, the journaling agent only works on local supported filesystems
because it is not aware of writes to remote filesystems so it can't add
them to the journal of files to backup.
I would advice to use a nojournal backup once a week/month with journaling
as well for the same reason Paul uses the rebase backup on the NAS.
Journaling cannot be trusted for 100% all the time, I have seen things go
wrong with several versions on the B/A client and it is difficult to
explain.