ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restoring from really old TSM clients

2016-07-27 16:56:01
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restoring from really old TSM clients
From: Bill Smoldt <smoldt AT STORSERVER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 20:54:34 +0000
I don’t know if it’s of interest to you, Zoltan, but I keep a demo VM of
WFW3.11 around with an ADSM 2.1.0.8 client.  I backup and restore it using a
TSM 7.1.6.0 server with deduplicated container pools with no problem.  It’s fun
to show this to prospects to demonstrate unsupported compatibility.  I’d
restore C: and make another drive bootable if I could remember how to make one
show up in File Manager.

The WFW also runs AOL Instant messenger and I can log onto my old AOL user
account.

Browsing with Netscape Navigator doesn’t work well on any website so I’m not
going back to WFW as my desktop any time soon.

Bill Smoldt