ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] FW: v7 upgrade woes

2016-07-06 14:31:54
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] FW: v7 upgrade woes
From: "Rhodes, Richard L." <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 18:28:21 +0000
We got some good folks from IBM support to help out after getting our local IBM
folks involved.  And now we appear to have an answer to our TSM v7 upgrades
hanging.

We use DataDomain via NFS for file devices, tsm db backups, recplans, stuff
(reports, etc) and (. . drum roll . .) archfailoverlogdir.

Starting in DB2 v10, db2 acquires a flock lock on it's files, and it appears
that the DataDomain does not support this.  If DB2 can't acquire the lock, it
just blocks forever.  This behavior appears to be preventable in AIX by
specifying the NFS "llocl" mount option.  Or, we could just ditch the
archfailoverlogdir.

This behavior can be tested by a small perl script found here:

+3 months to find out we needed an extra NFS mount option.

(All this is subject to more testing.)

Rick

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.