ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] query occupancy shows DELETED filespaces

2016-06-21 10:25:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] query occupancy shows DELETED filespaces
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 16:24:50 +0200
At a customer of mine query occupancy shows DELETED filespaces, hundreds of
them.

I read this:

"If you delete a file space in a deduplicated storage pool, the file space
name DELETED is displayed in the output of the QUERY OCCUPANCY command *until
all deduplication dependencies are removed.*"

from here https://
www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_7.1.4/srv.reference/r_cmd_filespace_delete.html

And my question is, how can I see where this process is at?

The customer renamed 200+ VM's and all the old filespaces are being removed
from Spectrum Protect but seem stuck in this DELETED state, it seems like
all of them to be honest.

show dedupdeleteinfo show's nothing, everything is idle there.

I don't know where else too look. It seems like the data is not released
because the tape utilisation has not dropped, I did not expect much to
happen on disk (deduplication) but I did expect a big drop on tape that has
not occurred.

Has anybody here seen anything like this before?

Regards,
    Stefan