ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] MSSQL 2012 SQL permissions

2016-06-14 08:16:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] MSSQL 2012 SQL permissions
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT SEGROCERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 12:12:58 +0000
Stefan,
Can you provide more information, like
 -what version of SQLDP are you using
-are you using the legacy data protection or Flash Copy Manager (FCM)
-VSS or legacy backups

On older versions I ran my scheduler with an administrator account and also had
TSM admins added to sysadmin role in SQL in order to be able to troubleshoot
backup issues as well as perform restores.

On the releases the TSM admins still are added to the sysadmin role to provide
support but I no longer install a scheduler service and use the scheduler
internal to DP/FCM and don't use any elevated account.

-Rick Adamson