ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Proctect Stgpool

2016-06-08 12:23:22
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Proctect Stgpool
From: "Nixon, Charles D. (David)" <cdnixon AT CARILIONCLINIC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 16:19:48 +0000
Since protect pool doesn't lock out nodes like repl node does, we have started
to run it every couple hours so that we don't saturate the WAN after the
backups finish.  Then, twice a day, we run the repl node.  Once when the
backups are complete and once in the middle of the backup cycle.  Of course,
this assumes that resources are available (CPU/disk/network) on the TSM server
to accomplish the protect with out impacting the backup jobs.

We are not using forcerec.

David Nixon
Storage Engineer II
Technology Services Group
Carilion Clinic
451 Kimball Ave.
Roanoke, VA 24015
Phone: 540-224-3903
cdnixon AT carilionclinic DOT org

Our mission: Improve the health of the communities we serve.