ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] v7 upgrade woes

2016-06-07 17:39:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] v7 upgrade woes
From: Alex Jaimes <jaimes.alex AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 16:36:54 -0500
Hey Rick,
I had some challenges with the upgrade as well (3 machines - 10 TSM
Instances).
We upgraded from 6.3.4.3 to 7.1.5 though.

Anyhow, the script/file that your Installation is getting stuck at caught
my attention: com.tivoli.dsm.server.db2.*

I hope the following helps...

So here's what we did:
The upgrade completed but the TSM Server started complaining about not
being licensed. (yup I understand, yours doesn't finish, but bear with
me...)
The TSM Server was  halted, and server version 7.1.3 was downloaded to get
the "TSM" licensing package. (7.1.5 didn't not apply the license for TSM
nor DB2...)
The "TSM" licensing package was installed but when we attempted to start
the TSM Server it failed to start with these messages:

 IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for AIX
 Version 7, Release 1, Level 5.000
 Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
 (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2016.
 All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.
ANR7801I Subsystem process ID is 10223948.
ANR0900I Processing options file /db2home/tsminst0/dsmserv.opt.
ANR7811I Using instance directory /db2home/tsminst0.
ANR4726I The ICC support module has been loaded.
ANR0990I Server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR0151W Database manager fails to start. For more information about the
failure, issue the db2start command.
ANR0171I dbiconn.c(1844): Error detected on 0:1, database in evaluation
mode.
ANR0162W Supplemental database diagnostic information:  -1:08001:-1032
([IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1032N  No start database manager
command was issued.
SQLSTATE=57019

When attempting to run "db2start",  got this message:
tsminst0@entbkcol1 /db2home/tsminst0: db2start
03/24/2016 22:32:13     0   0   SQL8000N  DB2START processing failed; a
valid product license was not found. If you have licensed this product,
ensure the license key is properly registered. You can
register the license using the db2licm command. The license key can be
obtained from your licensed product CD.
SQL1032N  No start database manager command was issued. SQLSTATE=57019

Ran db2 command to verify db2 license, and showed as EXPIRED:

/db2home/tsminst0/sqllib/adm/db2licm -l
Product name:                     "DB2 Enterprise Server Edition"
Expiry date:                      "Expired"
Product identifier:               "db2ese"
Version information:              "10.5"

Then,
- change directories to /repository/native
- list the DB2 zip file: ls -tlr com.tivoli.dsm.server.db2*.zip
- Uncompressed the file:
com.tivoli.dsm.server.db2.aix.ppc64_10.5.500.111.zip (<== SEE, I KNEW THAT
SCRIPT/FILE NAMING RANG-A-BELL!)
- change directories to: /repository/native/ese/db2/license
- list the file: tmp/image/tsmsrv713/repository/native/ese/db2/license# ls
-tlr db2ese.lic
-rw-r--r--    1 root     system          912 Apr 29 2015  db2ese.lic

- Copy the file to: /db2home/tsminst0/sqllib/adm

- Then as the instance owner run the following command to apply the license:
db2licm -a db2ese.lic

- Check to see if the license was installed:
$ /db2home/tsminst0/sqllib/adm/db2licm -l
Product name:                     "DB2 Enterprise Server Edition"
License type:                     "Restricted"
Expiry date:                      "Permanent"
Product identifier:               "db2ese"
Version information:              "10.5"

IT SHOULD SHOW AS "RESTRICTED"

The fix for the issue we ran into is in APAR IT14939.

Good Luck!