ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Spectrum Protect documentatie on Knowledgecenter site

2016-06-06 14:42:27
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Spectrum Protect documentatie on Knowledgecenter site
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 14:40:24 -0400
I hear and feel (and see) the pain, and have passed the comments on. Let's
just say that some things are not immediately in our control...

At any rate, for now I suggest using this landing page:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7

>From there:

1. Select a product version from the drop-down list near the left-hand
upper corner of the page. For example, if I select 7.1.5, it will take me
to this page:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_7.1.5/tsm/welcome.html

2. In the upper left corner of the page you should see a "breadcrumb" trail
like this:

   icon   >   Tivoli Storage Manager   >   Tivoli Storage Manager 7.1.5   >
Welcome

If you click on that icon, that will open a table-of-contents (TOC) that
should look familiar.

3. If you do not immediately see what you are looking for (like info about
Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server), click on the "Product suites and
related products" link in the TOC, and in the right hand side you should
see links to the products you are looking for.

ALTERNATIVELY

1. From the landing page, click a product (like Tivoli Storage Manager for
Databases) in the "Find related products" section. It will take you to a
page like this:

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSTFZR/landing/welcome_sstfzr.html

2. Select a product version from the drop-down list (this time it will show
7.1.4 as the latest because there is no 7.1.5 for this product).

3. Once again you will see the breadcrumb trail in the upper left corner.
Click on the icon to see the TOC.

Best regards,

Andy

Andrew Raibeck | IBM Spectrum Protect Level 3 | storman AT us.ibm DOT com

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager links:
Product support:
https://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/product/tivoli/tivoli_storage_manager

Online documentation:
http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7/landing/welcome_ssgsg7.html

Product Wiki:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/wikis/home/wiki/Tivoli%20Storage%20Manager

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2016-06-06
13:16:02:

> From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Date: 2016-06-06 13:18
> Subject: Re: Spectrum Protect documentatie on Knowledgecenter site
>
> Thanks all, saved my day tomorrow with the pdf links guy's.
>
> Please IBM don't mess around with the documentation, this stuff is
> essential to get right and keeping simple and fast access is a necessity.
>
> So please keep it simple, keep it in one place, give us a webinterface
that
> makes it easy to select versions and find the stuff we need. HTML is fine
> but also give us complete pdf files please without going to some wiki of
> ftp link, bundles of all documentation per version are a nice addition
but
> just make it easy to find later on not just a ftp directory and/or some
> obscure wiki page somewhere.
> Without quick and easy access to pdf files we can get into trouble with
our
> work, I for one don't have web access everywhere due to all sorts of
> restrictions.
>

> On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 6:42 PM, Pagnotta, Pamela (CONTR) <
> Pamela.Pagnotta AT hq.doe DOT gov> wrote:
>
> > Using the link that Heinz provided, I found
> >

> > http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSTFZR_7.1.4/db.common/
> welcome.html
> >

> > Pam
> >
> > Pam Pagnotta
> > Sr. System Engineer
> > Criterion Systems, Inc./ActioNet
> > Contractor to US. Department of Energy
> > Office of the CIO/IM-622
> > Office: 301-903-5508
> > Mobile: 301-335-8177

Of

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_7.1.4/tsm/welcome.html

> > > Just not on the 7.1.5 Knowledge Center page.
> > >

> > > Pam
> > >
> > > Pam Pagnotta
> > > Sr. System Engineer
> > > Criterion Systems, Inc./ActioNet