ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DR test and SP 7 Operations Center

2016-05-26 10:14:17
Subject: [ADSM-L] DR test and SP 7 Operations Center
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT SEGROCERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 14:11:25 +0000
Didn't find any discussion or documentation on this subject so I'm hoping for
feedback/suggestions.

Recently implemented a two-site installation of SP 7.1.5 using container
storage pools and node replication.
Both the source and target servers are VM's running on Windows 2012.
There are roughly 950 clients, all AIX 7.1, using BA client level 7.1.3

I have an upcoming DR test and began thinking about the Operations Center???
The OC is installed on my source server and has become an integral tool for my
operators, so if it's not available for the test certainly someone will
complain.

The DR simulation takes place over 3 days and we will obviously be isolated
from the production data center, including the source server and ultimately the
Operations Center.
My question is; how can I, or is it possible, to make the OC available in the
test environment?

I would think that IBM has thought this through but I didn't find any
documented direction.
Thoughts?

Thanks
-Rick Adamson