ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Spectrum Protect for Virtual Environments install path options

2016-05-20 04:38:48
Subject: [ADSM-L] Spectrum Protect for Virtual Environments install path options
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 10:37:30 +0200
Here is something I noticed when installing 7.1.3 and upgrading to the
latest in greenfield environment with 2 datamovers per location.

When installing the full package with webinterface and all you can pick
where the installer installs the software, I had to pick d:\ due to
customer requirements.

When you install the second datamover only machine you can only pick the
location of the recovery agent that you can optionally install but not that
of the BA client and the .opt files.

It is not a bug but it is a rather annoying inconsistency when working with
multiple datamovers and non-default paths dsm.opt wise.

Is IBM on to this already?

Regards,
   Stefan