ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Drive preference in TSM

2016-05-16 06:08:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] Drive preference in TSM
From: S Kumar <our.tsm AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 15:36:56 +0530
Hi,

I came to a situation where customer wants database log backup in tape in
every two hours. This setup is having more than 10 SAP production server
and other database server. So they want logs to be backup of all the
production server  and other database server in tape.

They have plenty of tapes drives, so for him tape drive  is not a
constraint for them.

TSM has been configured with SAN agent and lot of time it is going in
mounting and dismounting for various database node.

If drive preference is available for a node in TSM then we can define a
node for log backup and attached the preferred tape drive with nodes. and
these nodes are group to single collocation group. so all the logs backup
will go in one drive and single cartridge. So that the cartridge seek time
can also be avoided.

Is there such type of feature is available with TSM.

Regards,