ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Rolling a TSM instance to a new server/lpar

2016-05-06 14:53:16
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Rolling a TSM instance to a new server/lpar
From: Michael Prix <mp AT RS6000.DARKTECH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 20:51:34 +0200
Hello Richard,

  gererally yes, it's that easy, but some more steps:

- on the old server do a "db2ilist" and for each instance reported do a
"db2icrt <instancename>" on the new server.

- be sure to have the same TSM-Server levels on old and new server, otherwise
you have to perform a "db2iupdt <instancename>" for each instance. Naturally,
you can only upgrade, and the instance has to be mounted when performing the
command.

To find the full paths to the programs mentioned is left as an exercise for
the reader.