ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Rolling a TSM instance to a new server/lpar

2016-05-06 12:57:17
Subject: [ADSM-L] Rolling a TSM instance to a new server/lpar
From: "Rhodes, Richard L." <rrhodes AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 16:55:44 +0000
Hello,

Current:  TSM v6.3.5 on AIX 6100-09
New:      TSM v6.3.5 on AIX 7something

Well, it's time to rollover our TSM AIX servers.  We're purchases new pSeries
chassis that are getting lpar'ed up to replace the existing systems.

New lpars will be AIX v7.
All storage is SAN based on either IBM or EMC storage arrays.
All TSM/DB2 pieces/parts are on separate luns from AIX/rootvg.
  In rootvg lun:
     Whatever TSM/DB2 puts in /opt, /var/, /usr
     (tsm client stuff is in here)
  In non-rootvg luns:
     db2 vols
     db2 log vols (active/mirror/archive)
     db2 sqllib dir
     tsm stuff (dsmserv.opt, volhist, etc)
     tsm disk pools

We would like to
  - setup new/clean lpars with AIX v7 on the new chassis
  - install TSM/DB2 binaries
  - SWING THE non-rootvg luns from the old lpar to the new lpar
  - bring up TSM . . .
Is it really that easy????

PROBLEM - I can't find anything on how to swing a DB2 database from one AIX
lpar to a new/clean lpar.  We're a Oracle shop - no one knows DB2 around here.

Q)  Has anyone done a TSM storage swing like this?

We are planning a TSM v7.1 upgrade.  We may need to do this to get to AIX v7.
I have to check this out.

Thanks

Rick

The information contained in this message is intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
document in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately, and delete the original message.