ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Node Replication Change

2016-05-05 12:50:01
Subject: [ADSM-L] Node Replication Change
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [OITS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 16:49:40 +0000
I'm using Spectrum Protect 6.3.4.300 on Windows servers.

I've been running NODE replication for months, but need to make a change for a
node.

The current setup: Server TSM01 replicates to Server TSM02 and TSM02 replicates
to TSM01.

The change: a node is to be "relocated" to the DR site; thus TSM02 will become
its main location, and will replicate back to TSM01.

No Export/Import to be done.

Thus, I believe (after reviewing the Administrator's Guide):
1: confirm that replication from TSM01 to TSM02 has completed.
2: on TSM01: UPDATE NODE <nodename> REPLM=RECEIVE
3: on TSM02: UPDATE NODE <nodename> REPLM=SEND
4: Modify the IP in the nodes DSM.OPT to point to TSM02.

I don't think SYNCREC and SYNCSEND are involved because a node EXPORT has not
been used to populate the data on TSM01.  The data already exists, I just need
to change which server is sending and which is receiving for the node.

Thanks for helping out.

Harold Vandeventer
Office of Information Technology Services
2800 SW Topeka Blvd
Topeka, KS 66611
(785) 296-0631
Harold.Vandeventer AT ks DOT gov | www.oits.ks.gov

CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVILEGE NOTICE
This email message including attachments, if any, is intended for the person or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. Any unauthorized review, use or disclosure is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy the
original message, including all copies.

CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVILEGE NOTICE
This e-mail message, including attachments, if any, is intended for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged
information. Any unauthorized review, use, or disclosure is prohibited. If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy the
original message, including all copies, Thank you.