ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] EoS for TSM 6.3

2016-05-04 03:31:29
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] EoS for TSM 6.3
From: Maurice van 't Loo <maurice AT BACKITUP DOT NU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 09:28:59 +0200
So technically....  TSM Server 6.3 will be supported until 6.4 goes EOS.
On technical level, there is no difference between SUR and PVU license, so
if TSM Server 6.3 will keep it's updates because of TSM 6.4 clients, you
can keep using it also if your license is based on PVU's.

Although I see no reasons why to stay on TSM 6.3, it's a small step to TSM
7.1 and we noticed no downsides.

Regards,
Maurice van 't Loo