ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SQL QUERY FOR AMOUNT OF ACTIVE VS INACTIVE DATA

2016-04-22 10:01:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SQL QUERY FOR AMOUNT OF ACTIVE VS INACTIVE DATA
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 07:00:21 -0700
If you have access to the clients, you can use QUERY BACKUP and parse the
A/I column.

Honestly, though, when we've gotten this query, I've managed to push this
back on the customers; it's not TSM's problem what's active or inactive,
it's the customers' applications that are actually responsible for it.
Obviously you need a pretty good relationship with your customers to make
that case, but in the end it's caused our customers to think more carefully
about workflow in general.

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 01:51:20PM +0000, Lee, Gary wrote:
> Just got a request for the amount of active versus inactive data on our tsm
> servers.
>
> Is there a better way than traversing the backups table and summing?
> That would be a mighty long query.
>
> We have three servers, and approximately 300 clients about 200 tB total data.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354