ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Managed servers out of sync

2016-04-19 09:50:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Managed servers out of sync
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar2 AT U.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 06:47:27 -0700
The problem is that a domain that has any nodes in it and is out-of-sync
cannot be fixed; I believe that operation is functionally like a
delete&create. It's really no big deal to do the temp domain though:

copy domain dom1 temp-dom1
update node * wheredom=dom1 dom=temp-dom1
(sync up)
update node * wheredom=temp-dom1 dom=dom1
delete domain temp-dom1

The copy domain operation even copies the active policyset and default
management classes, so there's no risk to having the wrong retention policies
applied.

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 01:39:54PM +0000, Kamp, Bruce (Ext) wrote:
> I have 4 TSM servers running on AIX the library manager/configuration manger
> is now 7.1.4.100 (upgraded from 7.1.0) the other 3 are 7.1.0.
> About a month ago the server to server communications stopped working because
> of authentication failure.  In working with IBM it was decided that I need to
> upgrade all my servers to a higher version of TSM.  With all the changes
> going on at the moment it will take a while for me to upgrade the rest of the
> servers.
> I have figured out a temporary work around to get the communications working
> until I can upgrade.  What I found out when I "fixed" the first server is
> that domains have become out of synch.
>
> ANR3350W Locally defined domain FS_PROD_DOMAIN_04 contains
> at least one node and cannot be replaced with a
> definition from the configuration manager. (SESSION: 4)
>
> When I asked IBM how to figure out which nodes are causing this problem I was
> told I had to move all nodes to a temp domain delete the domain run notify
> subscribers & than move the nodes back into the domain.
>
> What I am wondering is if anyone knows how I can identify what nodes are
> causing this so I only have to move them out & back?
>

> Thanks,
> Bruce Kamp
> GIS Backup & Recovery
> (817) 568-7331
> e-mail: mailto:bruce.kamp AT novartis DOT com
> Out of Office:

-- Foege Building S046, (206)-685-7354