ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] SSL 256 on Server version 7.1.4.100

2016-03-22 10:12:11
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] SSL 256 on Server version 7.1.4.100
From: Bjoern Rackoll <backup.rackoll AT RRZ.UNI-HAMBURG DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 15:10:03 +0100
Hi Markus,

> has anyone been able to use ssl with the cert256.arm? The ssl connection
> using cert.arm runs fine, but we would like to move on to the cert256.arm.
> We tried it on a Solaris10 server with ISP 7.1.4.100 and on a Windows 2012
> Server with ISP 7.1.4.0, but have not been able to connect the admin
> interface. TSM admin client was 7.1.1.3 and  7.1.4. Anyone know  any tweaks
> and tricks to get it working?

in our test environment (server and client 7.1.4, OC and hub server
Windows 2012 R2, spoke server AIX) the SSL connection using TSM server
self-signed SHA certificates (cert256.arm) works just fine. We got it
running without any problems, just by following the admin guide.

The problems came when we tried to add a spoke server running server
version 6.3.4.300 with a CA issued certificate to our other OC and hub
server (running version 7.1.3 both). There we get a ton of GSKit error
messages, and the SSL connection only works from 6.3.4.300 to 7.1.3, but
not the other way.

So, do you have any CA issued SSL certificates in your environment?

Regards,

--
Björn Rackoll
Universität Hamburg