ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] MSSQL, restore all DBs in an instance

2016-03-17 14:56:07
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] MSSQL, restore all DBs in an instance
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 13:54:37 -0500
Hi Hans Chr.

No. That will just restore the full backups.
You didn't mention that you had logs. :-)
(The devil is always in the details.)

This could work:

   TDPSQLC RESTORE * FULL /RECOVERY=NO

   TDPSQLC RESTORE * LOG=*

but I am not sure so you should test it,
or possibly open a PMR if you can't get it figured out.

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 03/17/2016
02:43:44 PM:

> From: Hans Christian Riksheim <bullhcr AT GMAIL DOT COM>
> To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> Date: 03/17/2016 02:44 PM
> Subject: Re: MSSQL, restore all DBs in an instance
>
> Thanks Del,
>
> I am trying to help our SQL guys doing the restore more efficiently.
Will