ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Library offline issue

2016-03-16 20:32:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Library offline issue
From: Michael Prix <mp AT RS6000.DARKTECH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 01:30:24 +0100
Hello Paul,

you are not using persistent names for the devices, and chances are that
after the reboot the devices got different names.
check the actual device names with

c:\program files\tivoli\tsm\server\tsmdlst

and update the pathes to the library and the drives accordingly.
"show libray" should report an online=1 in the 3rd line.

tsm: TSMANL>show library

MMSV->libList: head=000000000537E930, tail=000000000537E930

Library LB0.1.0.6 (type SCSI):

  refCount=0, online=0, updateCount=0

If possible, enable sandiscovery:

setopt sandiscovery on

or read the devicedriver documentation of the IBM Tape driver on how to
enable persistent naming, which makes life much easier.

--
Michael Prix