ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM/VE and Containers

2016-03-16 15:25:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM/VE and Containers
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 20:21:34 +0100
I don't think the seperate pools for control data are needed with the
container pools.
We used to create a small diskpool storagepool with a seperate copypool or
send the data to a "prio1" type copypool so restores of this data to the
diskpool can be made quickly in case of a DR situation.
When VM's are being backed up in a periodic full schedule they can be
restored from tape after the control data is restored back to a diskpool.

With the container pools there is (atm) no copy to tape option and if that
option comes there will be no restoring directly from tape so the data
needs to be staged back to disk before it can be restored to VMware.

This makes the use of a seperate storagepool for control data unnecessary,
at least I for one no longer see the advantage