ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Can Snapdiff be multithreaded per volume?

2016-03-10 15:19:19
Subject: [ADSM-L] Can Snapdiff be multithreaded per volume?
From: "Schaub, Steve" <Steve_Schaub AT BCBST DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 20:17:38 +0000
TSM Server 6.3
TSM Client 7.1.3

Does anyone know if snapdiff backups are single or multi-threaded?
Specifically when we periodically run the full incremental
(-createnewbase=yes).  From what I'm seeing, it looks like it is single
threaded, but it would help if we could somehow make each vol multi-thread.

To be clear, we are already running multiple snapdiff backup commands
concurrently, but we have some volumes with mult-million files that are taking
several days when we periodically force the full incremental.  Looking for some
way to speed things up if possible.

Steve Schaub
Systems Engineer II, Backup/Recovery
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
423-535-6574 (desk)
423-785-7347 (cell)

Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee E-mail
disclaimer:  http://www.bcbst.com/email_disclaimer.shtm