ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Migration should preempt reclamation

2016-02-18 10:20:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Migration should preempt reclamation
From: Rick Adamson <RickAdamson AT SEGROCERS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 15:19:07 +0000
Roger
Worth mentioning is that the issue is most likely compounded by the
migration/reclamation process running during a backup, the performance hit  to
the TSM server can be severe.
You may find a significant reduction in task processing times if you do isolate
them.
In the past I have temporarily suspended (or limited) reclamation schedules
until the initial backups are done and sent the backup data straight to my
sequential storage pool bypassing the migration process.

-Rick Adamson