ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrade server from 6.3 to 7.1

2016-01-28 10:53:37
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Upgrade server from 6.3 to 7.1
From: Zoltan Forray <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 10:51:48 -0500
So, if I read correctly, to reduce my activelogsize, I

1.  Backup the DB
2.  Stop the TSM server
3.  DELETE everything in the activelog directory/filesystem (in my case -
/tsmlog) i.e. rm /tsmlog/*
4.  Change ACTIVELOGSIZE to 65536
5.  Restart the TSM server

Or is it simpler than that, i.e. just change ACTIVELOGSIZE and restart the
server.  Unless I missed it, the link/article posted by Erwann (
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21677011)  doesn't
clarify.  It just says "*Decrease the ACTIVELOGSIZE to allow the current
filesystem to be 20% greater than the ACTIVELOGSIZE specified*" but no link
says exactly how to do it.

--
*Zoltan Forray*
TSM Software & Hardware Administrator