ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] VM backup question

2016-01-28 08:17:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] VM backup question
From: "Storer, Raymond" <storerr AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 13:15:52 +0000
Robert, you might use the -vm parameter to exclude certain VMs in your DSM.OPT
file.
DOMAIN.VMFULL VMHOSTCLUSTER=CLUSTER_NAME;-VM=VM_TO_EXCLUDE1,VM_TO_EXCLUDE2

Also, in your DSM.OPT file you can add INCLUDE.VMDISK options to specifically
target VM disks you want (which excludes the other disks you do not
specifically include).
INCLUDE.VMDISK EXACT VM NAME GOES HERE "Hard Disk 1"

Disk(s) not specifically included restore blank at their full size during a
full VM restore.  I forget if a way exists to prevent the other disks from
restoring in a full restore.

If you see issues with VM backups or restores, you might also consider adding
testflag VMBACKUP_UPDATE_UUID
to your DSM.OPT file to force the backup to save the UUID every time you
perform a VM backup.

Good luck!

Ray Storer
NIBCO INC.