ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Node replication information?

2015-12-18 09:36:13
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Node replication information?
From: "Vandeventer, Harold [OITS]" <Harold.Vandeventer AT KS DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 14:34:43 +0000
Welcome back Robert.  Lots of changes from the TSM 5 days.

I don't have any links to docs, but my experience has been...

I'm running Windows, 32 GB RAM, TSM 6.3.4.300.

I run 40 sessions on each Replication process.

The process is replicating a group that may have several members, 2 up to 15 or
20; semi-random on how I assigned.

I have a script that contains several REPLICATE NODE <groupname> commands.
Each command runs one group, with WAIT=YES, then another, with an exception
described next.

I have a group that has nodes with a very large numbers of files for those
nodes, thus the time required to determine what has to be migrated is long.
The amount of data to replicate isn't huge, just the time required to inventory
the status on a zillion files.

Therefore, that group is first in the script, with WAIT=NO, to immediately
start the next group in the script.  Subsequent replicate groups all have
WAIT=YES.

The only performance issue that I've seen as an issue is monitoring bandwidth
on the link between the source and target servers.  I've watched Network stats
in Windows Task Manager and depending on how many replication processes are
running, the impact on the bandwidth goes up.  I haven't seen any hits on CPU
or RAM.